The WelcomePack Canada Program was launched in September 18, 2013, since then, over 30,000 gift boxes were already distributed to new Canadian immigrants.
The WelcomePack brings together leading Canadian brands – in categories like banking, telecommunications, automobiles, restaurants, real estate, consumer products, media and entertainment – to extend a special and memorable welcome to new Canadian immigrants.
Who can get a Free WelcomePack?
If you are a landed immigrant of Canada, 18 years of age or older and received your PR status in 2014 or later, you are eligible to register for this box and receive your WelcomePack.
How it started in Winnipeg?
In December 8, 2015, Momsie’s Blog featured a story about WelcomePack Canada, a special gift box intended for new Permanent Residents in Canada. During that time, the box was only available to Ontario residents, who immigrated to Canada as PR in 2013 to 2015. Because of the overwhelming response of the people who saw this post, WelcomePack Canada Inc. and Cristina Licup (known as Momsie to her online friends and blog followers) decided to collaborate and bring this special gift packs to Winnipeg residents (and nearby cities in Manitoba).
WelcomePack Canada Inc. and Cristina has agreed that a distribution will be done provided that Winnipeg will have a minimum of 150 valid registrations. On its first distribution in Winnipeg held at Bakerite on March 19, 2016, Cristina and her friends were able to distribute 300 boxes in one day.
As of December 2016, more than 1,500 were distributed to new immigrants in Winnipeg.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Go to the registration page intended for Winnipeg area residents.
- Provide the information required including your name, address, phone number, email address, nationality, gender and your arrival date (please have your PR card in hand. Your ‘Arrival Date’ is the ‘PR since’ date printed at the back of your PR card)
- Wait for an email from WelcomePack Canada with the information on when and where to pick up the free WelcomePack.
Other Terms & Conditions:
- Eligibility verification and registration required prior to receipt of gift box. Registration conditions apply.
- Free packs available until quantities last
- Contents inside the gift box may vary
Disclaimer: A minimum of 150 valid registrations each distribution is required to be able to distribute the WelcomePack in Winnipeg. Welcomepack is distributed by WelcomePack Canada Inc. Please note that distribution of WelcomePack in Winnipeg is by schedule and will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Registrants will receive email notification from WelcomePack Canada Inc. with the information on when and where to pick up their WelcomePack.